CHATTERBOXIE

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Chilli Padi

We have a habenero Chilli plant at home. This south american chile (chilli) is one of the hottest chillies around. The plant came to us about 4 years ago. It almost died, but was revived by me 1 1/2 years ago. Now, it is standing tall, and bearing fruits.

We have another chilli variety at home. This pungent chilli wants to be a scientist when she grows up. Her keenest interest is in life sciences. She is keen in entomology but is also entomophobic. She likes to gain knowledge in all animals, but probably is zoophobic.

Just the other day, a salesperson from Times Publishing came to market some sort of encyclopedia. He was amazed (or was he just wanting the sale) with Lauren's interest in reading "whats and whys" about living things. I am pretty amazed as well when she told me things like "the caterpillar has only six legs". She absorbs these information like a sponge and keeps them in her memory bank. (I hope she does it for Chinese but the language does not interest her at all). I think I will bring her to the library more often so that she can gain more information and knowledge on such matters.

Well, another day is nearly gone.

Gotta work night....and client decided to cancel her appointment tonight....

I should shift myself to another place in the office, or else, my boss will think that I am too free.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home