CHATTERBOXIE

Thursday, September 15, 2005

SAFE UNCERTAINTY

Today was quite an eventful day. My cellphone broke apart. I got a call from NCSS inviting me for an interview for a Senior Executive position, but I turned it down since I want to wait for the AWS and bonuses. Die Die must work until Jan 2 attitude. Went to NZIS for some "silly" interview and I was not prepared at all.

I asked Allen whether he feels that our future is safe and certain? He says, "unsafe, and uncertain". Hmmmm....I really don't know. Maybe it's mid-life, maybe it's the "TXXX" syndrome he's feeling at this point of time.

Our life was uncertain for quite a long time when we first came to Singapore in 1991. Getting PR and having a child brought some certainty to us. To uproot ourselves again may seemed to be unsafe and uncertain at this point of time, if we do not have financial backings and moral support from friends. I don't really wonder a move is any good now....

However, at this point of our life journey, I thank God that the uncertainty ahead is a safe one, I strongly believe that.

3 Comments:

  • Oooh. you cld have been my colleague!

    I believe God has His plans for all of us.

    By Blogger Little Miss Snooze, at 11:47 PM  

  • Looks like your LG finally gave up on you. Time to get a new phone. U never did like that LG anyway:)

    I think most people do like a sense of certainty, stability and predictability in their lives. I totally understand your feelings. Exactly what is the uncertainty you are looking ahead to? Is it migration? Are u really leaving us?

    By Blogger naniecheng, at 9:00 PM  

  • Haha...I finally bought the cheapest Nokia handphone that I can find in the market.

    I have always lived in uncertainties (being in a different country of my own. Even I feel like a stranger in my own country). Migration is a means to education. Period. But, if I have money to manipulate and invest, I think I can pursue my education in Singapore.

    The other component of uncertainty is Allen. He desperately needs a break from work. He is dying for a sabbatical!

    By Blogger Daffodil, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home