CHATTERBOXIE

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The 4 year + 1 month ITCH

I am on this current job for 4 years 1 month+++.... Now, the ITCh has kicked in. I am feeling restless now.... maybe it's mid-life....maybe I am thinking more realistically now....maybe....

I need a BREAK or JOB CHANGE!

A salesperson commented that social services pays= half voluntary work. I think he makes sense. Probably if I were to move to another setting, I will sure get a MUCH HIGHER pay than what I am getting now.....Imagine, when I moved into this job from a parachurch organization, I took a pay cut.

BUT, I need the AWS as well as the bonus (if any). So.....I think I know where I stand now.....on the fence.....I have to run the men's and women's groups*** at the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong. I am not half-hearted about my work. My passion of helping people is still alive. I am just tired of some crappy things....

2 Comments:

  • Hey! i didn't know you had 2 blogs! until i went to your profile! well...at least you know what you want to do! Hey...has things in DFSC changed? any other new staff? sometimes i still miss counselling but i don't think i can give up working with kids...they just intrigue me too much! Hang in there!

    By Blogger amelia thinks, at 6:29 PM  

  • There are some transitions....we had 1 staff who came and go in two days. The latest addition is Sabrina, social worker. Lily's left for SAF Counselling Centre, the rest are still here.

    Good to hear that you like to work with kids. Good potential in Singapore. Keep up the good job!

    By Blogger Daffodil, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home