CHATTERBOXIE

Friday, January 20, 2006

Frustration at Work

BK is coming soon.

Am totally upset with this. Why? I felt unappreciated by the organization. She is pw, me too. She is a mum, so I am. In terms of years of experience, I also have. Why is she shortlisted, and I did not even have an opportunity to prove myself?

The very evil nature of self was coaxing me last night to give her a hard time. Does God delight in such a motive? Definitely not. This is the first time I feel so "outcasted". Although His words are that I should submit to authority, I am not sure whether this is the authority I should be collude with, or be subjected to.

This is a tough decision, in balancing a life that is worthy of God's calling, and carnal thoughts and intentions to compare and get even. I thought I am the helpful type, but in fact i can be calculative....

So LJpa says that I should have priority in life now - not to be sucked into office politics but to concentrate on my studies. Why let this external pressure affect my being? He's right. If things cannot be changed, I can make changes myself to bring sanity into my world.

2 Comments:

  • oh dear... such things always make me very agitated and frustrated too. I know how you feel. got similar experience at work also.

    LJpa is right lor. you have to try to set it aside and lift your anger and sense of indignance to God. If not you will only harm yourself in the long run and become a cynical bitter person.

    There is a song that encouraged me and helped me to focus when I was in this situation. I hope it encourages you too.

    "In Christ Alone
    I place my trust
    And find my glory in the power of the cross
    In every victory
    Let it be said of me
    My source of strength,
    My source of hope
    Is Christ Alone."

    By Blogger naniecheng, at 9:40 AM  

  • Thanks naniecheng!

    I spoke to my acting head to talk about my professional development in the organization. Quite peacefully, without anger.....

    Yes, my source of strength, is Christ alone!

    By Blogger Daffodil, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home