CHATTERBOXIE

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Passions with Fruits

Fruits are such an important part of my life.Growing up in East Malaysia, my father's home was like an orchard.

We had jambu, nangka, kedondong, rambutan, pomelo, kuini (indian mangoes), mangoes, custard apple, soursop, durian, limau kasturi, calamansi lime, tangerine, guava (big and small), starfruit, passionfruits, papaya and banana. My brothers and I picked passionfruit, climbed trees and plucked rambutans, made calamansi drinks using home grown calamansi, and enjoyed ourselves. The rambutan tree, till now, still stands tall. LJpa once climbed that tree.

Now that I had moved to a concrete jungle, I criticised fruits sold at stalls. Either the rambutans do not look fresh, nangka kept too long, bananas not ripe, and the list goes on....I simply love fruits. Even temperate fruits. Because of my obsessions in fruits, I find mixing fruits in food an interesting combination.

And this starts my journey into delicious fruits in food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home