CHATTERBOXIE

Monday, July 17, 2006

More Sunny Days

Over two years now, my life has been punctuated with much psychological and emotional difficulties. Countless battles and wars inside, fleeting thoughts conquering my minds, and unknown fears haunting me from time to time.

Can I claim that promise that "Fear Not! For I am with you"?

Over the years, I applied this promise in moments of physical harm and danger. Had never thought how the Mighty One can be with me in times of emotional distress. To me, emotional turmoils are merely weaknesses of not trusting God enough.

Clinging on to God's promise in times of psychological trouble proves to be the right way. Now, I experience more sunny days in my life.

I should have said that I am well, and I do not know what is stopping from doing that.
I ask myself, "why do I hold on to anxiety as a friend?"
"NO, I don't. I see it as an enemy, but it preoccupies my mind all the time."

Paul talks about renewal of the mind. I think that is so true. I need to focus my minds on things rather than anxiety.

I am so thankful for the sunny days.

Sunny Days Ahead!

2 Comments:

  • Yar... why are our minds always preoccupied with our "enemies"?

    I've concluded that whenever that happens to me, it's because I am not seeing life in the bigger picture. I'm not truly seeing how many loved ones I have around me. I'm not seeing how fortunate i am compared to others. I'm not seeing how everything in my life has been permitted by God and therefore good for me ultimately, no matter how lousy them seem currently.

    I'm glad Summer has come to you :) Go bask in the sun's rays!

    By Blogger naniecheng, at 8:37 AM  

  • Thanks! Interesting metaphor of summer!!

    Yes, we will have to refocus our mind's eyes

    By Blogger Daffodil, at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home